Quick & Easy Self-Care Practices for Mamas On-The-Go
Boy! Do we know how busy life can be! Especially for all our amazing mamas out there! Juggling school pick ups and work schedules with after school activities can get hectic and stressful. We know just how easy this can lead to neglecting the self to put your family first! This is why our team felt it was important to sit down and come up with some quick and easy self-care practices for our busy moms out there to squeeze in some time for themselves! No matter your schedule, these practices are super easy and can really make all the difference as you go about your day. Check them out below and let us know how they work for you!
Create a Morning Ritual
We recommend our busy mamas out there to carve out a special morning routine for yourself, before you start getting the rest of the family ready for the day! Even if it’s just 20 minutes! Here are some ideas:
- Early morning coffee or tea outside w/gratitude journaling
- Music meditation w/your favorite playlist
- Quick 15 minute yoga practice w/ an intention setting prayer
Establishing a morning routine will help you get used to setting aside time just for yourself-a positive habit and well deserved gift! Plus it will help inspire and motivate you early on in the morning!
Energy Cleansing Meditation
In the middle of your day, during your lunch break or any time that you may be able to carve out for yourself, we recommend practicing a quick 10 minute energy cleansing meditation. You can either tune into a quick Youtube video (here’s one that our team recommends), or you can try the steps below:
- Find a still and quiet space for yourself to lay down or remain seated undisturbed
- Close the eyes and practice a few rounds of deep breathing to clear the mind and tune into the body
- Bring your breath back to its natural pace and give yourself a few moments of silence
- Start to bring your attention to your chakras and your aura, calling in your energy centers. Begin by acknowledging the root chakra (base of spine), the sacral chakra (pelvic floor), solar plexus (upper abdominal), throat chakra (throat), third-eye chakra (between the brows), the crown chakra (top of head), and end with your aura visualizing the space surrounding the body.
- Set an intention to clear and cleanse these energy channels and revitalize your energy field and any depletions in these centers. You may choose to focus on a bright golden light moving up and down the body and all around the body as you do this.
- To finish, pay your gratitude and lay down in savasana if you have the space for 1-2 minutes.
This energy cleansing visual can really do wonders for your mind-body! And the best part is that it only takes a few minutes in your day! Take care of your energy mamas- you need lots of it!
Woohoo! Naptime for the moms! Yes-this is possibly our favorite suggestion of these self-care practices! If you’re able to squeeze in 20 minutes of your time in the late afternoon, we highly recommend indulging in a restorative savasana. Here are some ideas:
- Practice this in the late afternoon before 5pm
- Utilize props such as pillows, bolsters, blocks, or cushions of your choice
- Elevate your feet and hips for optimal comfort
- Play restorative music
- Set a timer if needed for 20 minutes
- Begin with breathwork before settling in
- Finish with gratitude and slowly reawaken
These are our favorite quick and easy self-care practices that we thought you moms out there would absolutely love! Let us know if you are able to squeeze these into your schedule and especially if you notice any shifts in your mood or energy levels. We are counting on you to keep the world going round, so please don’t forget to take care of yourself!